Arctic Monkeys – The Car (2022)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 37:23 minutes | 427 MB | Genre: Indie Rock
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Domino Recording Co
The Car is the seventh studio album from Arctic Monkeys. Featuring ten new songs written by Alex Turner, produced by James Ford and recorded at Butley Priory, Suffolk, La Frette, Paris and RAK Studios, London.
Following on from Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino (2018), Arctic Monkeys return with an impeccably classy seventh chapter that further consolidates their status as a band with seamless longevity, capable of growing and evolving without losing an ounce of credibility. After the singles ‘There’d Better Be A Mirrorball’ and ‘Body Paint’, on which Alex Turner masterfully takes on the role of a deep crooner with dark poetry in the style of Richard Hawley, the eight other tracks set silky backdrops where strings and brass predominate.
In the capable hands of James Ellis Ford, Arctic Monkeys’ producer since Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007) and also for The Last Shadow Puppets’ (Alex Turner and Miles Kane) The Age Of Understatement, The Car is meticulously produced with sublime guitars (‘The Car’) as well as soul (‘Big Ideas’) lining up alongside funk (‘Jet Skis On The Moat’ and its wah-wah). As for Matt Helder’s drums, ever-present on the early albums, they are, unsurprisingly, far more discreet here, applied with the lightest of touches. Forget about the big riffs of the early days and make way for some lush orchestrations. Masterful. – Charlotte Saintoin
1. Arctic Monkeys – There’d Better Be A Mirrorball (04:25)
2. Arctic Monkeys – I Ain’t Quite Where I Think I Am (03:11)
3. Arctic Monkeys – Sculptures Of Anything Goes (03:59)
4. Arctic Monkeys – Jet Skis On The Moat (03:17)
5. Arctic Monkeys – Body Paint (04:50)
6. Arctic Monkeys – The Car (03:18)
7. Arctic Monkeys – Big Ideas (03:57)
8. Arctic Monkeys – Hello You (04:04)
9. Arctic Monkeys – Mr Schwartz (03:30)
10. Arctic Monkeys – Perfect Sense (02:47)