The Real Tuesday Weld – Dreams (2023)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/44,1 kHz | Time – 43:02 minutes | 476 MB | Genre: Indie Pop, Art Pop, Electronic
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Antique Beat
This collection references late sixties songwriting a la Lee Hazlewood, Jimmy Webb and Burt Bacharach with nods to Flaming Lips and Tin Pan Alley, all mixed up with hazy lo-fi electronica, ghostly atmospherics and cinematic instrumentals.
Guest vocalists A Girl Called Eddy, Sephine Llo and Oriana Curls provide a counterpoint to main man Stephen Coates’ Gainsbourg-like crooning. Continuing the band’s long preoccupation with dreams, the songs were written in the early morning or late evening on ‘either side’ of sleep: ‘I’d rise super early and go straight to it with the emotion of the night’s imaginings still heavy on me or work in that strange space-time just before sleep claims us”. The album is sequenced in an approximation of a life, from youth to age, with the band’s perennial focus on London, love, the English landscape and time passing.
01. The Real Tuesday Weld – The Young Ones (02:58)
02. The Real Tuesday Weld – Kinky Love (03:54)
03. The Real Tuesday Weld – Bone Dreams Blood (04:02)
04. The Real Tuesday Weld – I Awoke to Find I was Dreaming (03:39)
05. The Real Tuesday Weld – Ever After (06:05)
06. The Real Tuesday Weld – Lost Endeavour (03:59)
07. The Real Tuesday Weld – Curtain Call (03:30)
08. The Real Tuesday Weld – Comme Dans un Reve (03:33)
09. The Real Tuesday Weld – Bodhisattva of the Gulag (03:24)
10. The Real Tuesday Weld – Everything (04:20)
11. The Real Tuesday Weld – Last Light (03:34)