Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – Circles (2023)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/88,2 kHz | Time – 54:20 minutes | 998 MB | Genre: Chamber Jazz, Classical Crossover, Afrobeat
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Brutture Moderne
Classica Orchestra Afrobeat is an italian chamber 14-piece ensemble, conducted by MARCO ZANOTTI. It creates a border land that combines the sounds and expressive peculiarities of the instruments of the European classical tradition as strings, woodwinds and harpsichord with percussion, chants and African polyrhythms.
Once again the Classica Orchestra Afrobeat stands irreverent and joyful in an intercultural territory that stimulates an individual and collective reflection on coexistence in an ethical and sustainable environment, where time and life are not straight lines but CIRCLES with an infinite spiral.
The seasons, the rains and the stars follow circular movements, while the plastic, the concrete and the logic of the profit are straight lines.
Among the rites, the prayers, the songs and the music of many ancient or indigenous cultures, people’s search for a greater degree of spirituality is conveyed by circular movements or geographies, which generate abstraction, knowledge and, ultimately, peace and joy. As in an upward spiral, the collective rite tends to raise the spirit of people above material matters, to better understand the past and observe the future.
For example, the musical instruments mbira and sanza (lamellophones, South and Central Africa), tell about a circular concept of music and life, which takes its cue from a continuous and vital dialogue with the ancestors who are in heaven, to whom people on earth ask for comfort and wisdom in daily choices.
Expanding the perspective, the sound and imaginary mosaic that is composed in CIRCLES represent the world in a disthopic future, in which the human being finally looks up toward a more noble, sustainable and harmonious life. A fundamental aspect of this future is inevitably the focus on ecology, from upcycling to the circular economy.
01. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – L’origine del mondo (05:56)
02. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – But first (04:30)
03. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – Ka munu munu (Everything moves in circles) feat. Rokia Traore (03:54)
04. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – Nhemamusasa (07:36)
05. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – Waggle Dance (05:30)
06. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – Kunta Kinte (07:14)
07. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – People and spirits (04:43)
08. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – Debra Libanos 2037 (06:28)
09. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – Penelope (02:25)
10. Classica Orchestra Afrobeat – Until the daylight (06:02)