Chris Shiflett – Lost at Sea (2023)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/48 kHz | Time – 34:54 minutes | 460 MB | Genre: Country Rock
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Snakefarm
Chris Shiflett has blurred the lines between genre and generation, balancing his full-band projects with a thriving solo career.
He turns a new page with Lost at Sea, a solo record that builds a bridge between Nashville — where Shiflett has become a frequent visitor, performing on the Grand Ole Opry one minute and collaborating with Music City tastemakers like Jaren Johnston and Dave Cobb the next — and his native California. Caught halfway between the honky-tonk saloon and the punk-rock dive bar, Lost at Sea is both eclectic and electric, making room for alt-country crunch, guitar-driven grit, and sharp songwriting. Tying that mix together is Shiflett himself: a musical Renaissance Man whose influences are every bit as wide-ranging as his resumé.
Shiflett recorded the majority of Lost at Sea in Nashville, working with producer and collaborator Jaren Johnston—frontman of the Cadillac Three, as well as the songwriter behind nearly a dozen Number 1 country hits—and a small cast of Americana all-stars. Among them were fellow guitar slingers Worsham, Bukovac, and Nathan Keeterle, all three of whom laced the record with fiery fretwork. He also teamed up with a number of co-writers, partnering with Kendell Marvel, Cody Jinks, and others to fill Lost at Sea with storylines that pack as hefty a punch as the music itself.
01. Chris Shiflett – Dead And Gone (03:02)
02. Chris Shiflett – Overboard (02:37)
03. Chris Shiflett – Black Top White Lines (03:16)
04. Chris Shiflett – Damage Control (03:39)
05. Chris Shiflett – Weigh You Down (03:41)
06. Chris Shiflett – Burn The House Down (03:50)
07. Chris Shiflett – Where’d Everybody Go? (04:22)
08. Chris Shiflett – I Don’t Trust My Memories Anymore (03:24)
09. Chris Shiflett – Carrie Midnight Texas Queen (04:31)
10. Chris Shiflett – Parties (02:28)