Arte Minima & Pedro Sousa Silva – Francisco de Santa Maria: Missa “O Beata Maria” (2023)
FLAC (tracks) 24 bit/96 kHz | Time – 58:32 minutes | 975 MB | Genre: Classical
Studio Masters, Official Digital Download | Front Cover | © Pan Classics
The Ensemble Arte Minima takes us on a musical journey to Coimbra, the former capital of the Portuguese kingdom. The Augustinian monk and canon Francisco de Santa Maria worked at the three musical centres of the city in the 16th century – the Santa Cruz monastery, the cathedral and the university.
The ensemble Arte Minima, consisting of a four-part recorder consort and four vocalists, is committed to bringing back to life the lost musical treasures of the Portuguese Renaissance.
This CD presents the Missa “O beata Maria” by this hitherto completely forgotten composer. Francisco de Santa Maria used the motet of the same name by Pedro Guerrero as a model for his mass, which opens the programme.
The Ensemble Arte Minima intersperses instrumental works by Antonio Carreira and Pedro de Escobar.
01. Arte Minima – Motet “O beata Maria” (05:47)
02. Arte Minima – Kyrie – Christe – Kyrie (06:40)
03. Arte Minima – Tento do quinto tom (instr.) (02:54)
04. Arte Minima – Gloria (08:08)
05. Arte Minima – Credo (10:10)
06. Arte Minima – Tento do 7º tom (instr.) (08:09)
07. Arte Minima – Sanctus (08:36)
08. Arte Minima – Agnus Dei (03:43)
09. Arte Minima – O Maria mater pia (instr.) (03:07)
10. Arte Minima – Benedicamus Domino (01:16)